The Service for Overseas and Repatriated Cypriots engages in the following:
1. Contact and communication with expatriate Cypriots worldwide and help for educational and other matters.
2. Organization of local, regional and international conferences in order to discuss matters concerning the expatriates and their connection to and with Cyprus.
3. Support to the electronic publication of the newsletter «Η Κύπρος μας, κοντά στους Απόδημους» [Our Cyprus by the expatriates’ side], that appears every two months and contains any current development that should be communicated to the Overseas and Repatriated Cypriots.
4. Organization of exhibitions for Overseas and Repatriated Cypriots.
5. Provision of help to Cypriot communities overseas in the efforts of the expatriate Cypriots to maintain their language, culture and identify in their counties of residence..
6. Organization of regular visits / journeys for Cypriot expatriates to Cyprus and support of youth programs.
7. Encouragement to Cypriot entrepreneurs abroad for investments in Cyprus and promotion of Cyprus as an entrepreneurial and ﬁnancial center.
8. Provision of help in order to solve problems that concern Cypriot expatriates and repatriates, in cooperation with the relevant Ministries and Government Agencies.
9. Support to events and activities relating with the Cypriot tradition.
10. Encouragement to research in the history of the Cypriot diaspora.
11. Dispatch of informative and other material on the Cypriot history and culture to organizations, unions, libraries and schools of Expatriate Cypriots.
12. Support granted to our Federations worldwide for an Inventory of Diaspora Cypriots.
The chapter on expatriate youth is a major priority policy. This includes support to the existing organizational structures and schemes, aiming to create and enrich projects – actions centering on attracting, encouraging and promoting our expatriate youth. It intends to encourage young people involve themselves in the community life (structures), to come in contact and acquaint themselves with Cyprus, in learning the language, the history and the culture as well as in promoting fairness for Cyprus. A holistic approach and a coordination of policy and actions among the competent operators, in synergy with the actions and efforts undertaken by the expatriates’ community worldwide are needed, while at the same time the matter of assimilation is taken into account. Finding that “golden lining” that will bring about the desired beneﬁts for the new generation and the generations to come, is a major challenge that should be dealt with immediately.
This strategic planning ultimately aims in the contact between the new generations of repatriate Cypriots with their home country, Cyprus, with hospitality programs, visit exchanges, internship programs and many more. Recently, Memoranda of Understanding have been signed with several Universities in Cyprus that were called upon to provide scholarships to repatriated Cypriots, in an effort to keep them close to their mother tongue, close to their roots.