1) The collection, classification, assessment and utilization of information and other relevant material concerning the Missing Persons.
2) The continuous updating and review of the personal files of the missing persons and the notification of the families concerned especially for cases where additional information and evidence is secured.
3) Investigating information secured by the Service regarding missing persons (in Cyprus and oversees), and preparation of relevant reports and communication with other competent services.
4) Raising awareness on the issue of missing persons in close cooperation with the Committees of Relatives of Missing Persons (in Cyprus and overseas).
5) Raising awareness of and resolving, where possible, the various socio-economic problems faced by the families of missing persons.
6) Collecting genetic material from the families of missing persons as well as anthropological data and other elements which are essential and necessary for the scientific identification of the remains.
7) The Head of the Service or/and its Officers participate in committees/sessions on issues of missing persons, and handle matters such as the organization and participation in memorial and honor events.